Download-able PDF Applications
1. Download and save application to your desktop
2. Fill in form and save
3. E-mail completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail completed form to:
Federated Transportation Services
of the Bluegrass, Inc.
1713 Jaggie Fox Way
Lexington, KY 40511
Federated Transportation Services of the Bluegrass, Inc. is currently accepting applications for office / transit clerk positions, driver positions and bus mechanic position.
Federated Transportation is seeking f/t and p/t drivers immediately for small passenger buses. Applicant must have high school diploma or equivalent, must be able to pass a drug screen, criminal background check and have a valid KY driver's license.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the telephone communication between office, customer and transportation providers. Schedule requested transportation through a computer program for the customer to selected transportation provider.
1. Responsible for taking customer requests for transportation over the telephone.
2. Accurately record information and respond with details on expected service schedule.
3. Process, organize and coordinate reservations with the proper transportation provider for the
customer through the computer program.
4. Send transportation requests to proper subcontractor.
5. Ask if recipients have cars in the household and submits inquires to OTD program coordinators.
6. Uses the computer program to verify if recipients live on a fixed route and are going to a facility on
bus route with a bus stop one half mile from their home or destination.
7. Handle multiple incoming phone calls.
8. Checks recipients on the state website for Medicaid and waiver eligibility, county codes, if they
have lock in doctors and if they have a KenPac physician.
9. Adds new passengers and subscription trips to the computer system.
10. Group transportation trips when capable.
11. Answers general information calls about the service.
12. GEO codes all transportation addresses of recipients and facilities addresses.
13. Handles after hours pager service.
14. Any other duties as directed by the Transit Office Manager.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
1. Pleasant and courteous phone manner.
2. Enthusiasm and commitment to public transportation
3. Basic computer skills and general office practices.
4. Telephone Experience.
5. Familiarity with the service area.
6. Quick to comprehend ideas; flexible learner.
7. Calm under stress; able to handle complaints and a barrage of ringing phones.
8. Adaptability and willingness to change.
9. High School Diploma or GED.
SUMMARY: Performs preventative maintenance and repairs of agency vehicles.
1. Provides basic, scheduled maintenance of the agency fleet, i.e., brake repair, tune ups, and oil changes.
2. Must be knowledgeable in vehicle electrical systems and a/c systems.
3. Performs repairs on agency fleet vehicles as necessary.
4. Conducts regular inspections of vehicles for preventative maintenance program.
5. Maintains accurate records of vehicle maintenance.
6. Assists Operations Manager with maintaining supplies necessary for vehicle maintenance.
7. Responsible for garage being open during operating hours.
8. Shuttle vehicles for necessary inspections or repairs.
9. Responsible for the security and cleanliness of garage area.
10. Any other duties as directed by the Operations Manager and/or Executive Director.
1. Minimum of five years vehicle maintenance experience.
2. ASE certified preferred Valid driver’s license required.
3. Must be able to obtain CDL license.
4. Must be physically capable of lifting 50 lbs.
5. Must be able to pass a DOT physical and pre-employment drug screen.
6. High School Diploma or GED.
SUPERVISOR: Operation’s Manager
Excellent benefit package.
For more information please call (859) 233-0066 or stop by 1713 Jaggie Fox Way, Lexington, KY.
FTSB operates a drug free workplace, Equal Training Opportunities.
If interested in positions, please e-mail resume to
or mail to
Federated Transportation Services of the Bluegrass, Inc.
1713 Jaggie Fox Way, Lexington, KY 40511
or send by fax to